TODAY'S VISION | TOMORROW'S REALITY
This event is an opportunity to participate in valuable classroom training and share ideas and best practices with emergency responders from across the U.S. Chose from breakout sessions addressing key topics in first responder health, safety, leadership, recruitment, and retention; participate in general sessions and hear from keynote speakers; and attend networking events.
This expanded Training Summit incorporates the NVFC’s Recruitment & Retention Experience, previously offered as a separate event, to allow more first responders the opportunity to take advantage of courses on a variety of topics.
Use the menu bar above to learn more.
Join us for a special screening of a new documentary following the inspiring journey of volunteer firefighters from across the U.S. This film is presented by John Deere in association with the National Volunteer Fire Council.
Enjoy an evening networking social with vendor expo on Friday, June 23 – a chance to relax and connect with your colleagues. The social includes refreshments.
The Oklahoma State Firefighters Association (OSFA) will host attendees for an optional add-on social night at the OSFA headquarters on Saturday, June 24.
Bring your family!
We know volunteers have limited opportunities to travel with their families and encourage you to bring your family and enjoy OKC! There are a few ways family members/guests, including adults and kids, can participate in the NVFC Training Summit and enjoy their time in OKC:
- Attend a special screening of the new documentary Odd Hours, No Pay, Cool Hat at the Harkins Theatres Bricktown OKC on Thursday, June 22, from 8:00-10:00pm - no charge!
- Attend the Family Engagement session from 11:00am-12:30pm on Friday, June 23 - no charge!
- Join as a guest for the Networking Expo on Friday, June 23, from 4:30-6:00pm at the Sheraton (please note, alcohol will be served) - no charge!
- Join as a guest for all breaks and meals (includes four breaks and two lunches) for just $29 - visit the Register page for details.
- Oklahoma City has a hands-on science museum and planetarium, minor league baseball team, theme park, water park, and more. Find out more on our Travel page.