The NVFC is pleased to offer stipends to help offset the travel costs related to the Training Summit. Each individual requesting a stipend must apply separately. Click here to apply now.
2024 NVFC Training Summit Travel Stipends provide reimbursement of up to $800 for eligible expenses, including:
- Up to three nights hotel at the conference hotel block rate
- Travel, including round-trip airfare, cab/shuttle fare, and/or mileage
- Please note, rental car expenses are not allowable
- The conference registration fee
- Please note that attendees will be responsible for meals and any additional expenses (such as additional room nights or transportation above the stated limit)
To apply, provide the requested information in the form below. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis. Please note, limited stipends are available! Submit early to ensure you have the opportunity to receive one. Review schedule:
- Received by February 1 - Notifications by February 20
- Received by March 1 – Notifications by March 20
- Received by April 1 – Notifications by April 20 *pending availability
- To be considered eligible for reimbursement, you must be a current member of the NVFC. Membership options and benefits can be found at www.nvfc.org/join.
- Applicants must live more than 50 miles from the conference center.
- Applicants are required to submit a reference letter from a department leader, city official, or other person who can verify your role in the department.
- A maximum of two people per department can receive reimbursement. Please note that stipends are selected on an individual basis; not by department.
- To allow more first responders the opportunity to attend, applications from individuals who have received a stipend for any three of the previous NVFC conferences will be held until the final review period (if stipends are still available).